Best Water Softener Filter of 2020- Whole House Water Filter and Softener Combos
Water is one thing that no one can live without, but at the same time, no one should be using hard water either. Hard water is not explicitly dangerous to one’s health, but it causes a lot of ruckus around the house like blocking pipelines, causing water appliances to break down, clogging showers and pipes, and other issues. Luckily, this problem can easily be solved with water softeners.
Water softener filters are meant to remove the hardness minerals in water, thereby turning it into soft water; and filter the water from impurities at the same time. These minerals usually include magnesium, calcium, and iron amongst others. A lot of water softener filters also get rid of contaminants in the water. As we get into the year 2020, here are the best whole house water filter and softener combos ideal for you and your family to use:
1. Fleck Iron Pro 2- Iron Filter Softener Combo
- It removes iron and other minerals.
- It is convenient and easy to use.
- It comes with a bypass valve.
- It is highly durable.
- The instruction manual isn’t straightforward.
This is another great water softener system from Fleck although this water softener and filter combo is more than just changing hard water into soft water. This brand was designed to soften water and at the same time, remove iron completely. It also removes calcium, magnesium, rust, sulfur and sediments.
The Iron Pro 2 comes with the Fleck 5600SXT model which acts as the softening unit. The unit also comes with a plastic cone for replenishing the salt during the regeneration process, and a bypass valve. The bypass valve is meant to stop the soft water from rushing out when you don’t need it. This could be when watering the plants or filling up a pool.
The installation process can be a bit tricky, and so you can check out the water softener installation processes instead.
2. Aquasana EQ-SS20 Whole House Water Filter and Salt-Free Water Softener
- Built to last for up to 10 years.
- Highly efficient.
- Low maintenance and utility costs.
- Removes all the harmful chemicals and pollutants in water.
- Very affordable.
- Environmentally friendly.
- It is only suitable for small homes.
- Installation is a bit tricky.
The Aquasana EQ-SS20 is next on the list, and this system is highly efficient. The system is able to get rid of at most, 97%, of all the contaminants in your water.
Because of the presence of the water filter, you can also drink the softened water and you don’t have to drink bottles water or boil your water before drinking.
The system has low maintenance costs because it doesn’t require electricity, salt or back flushing. It is also environmentally friendly and highly durable.
3. Aquios AQFS220- Whole House Water Filter and Softener
- It has a high flow rate.
- It is easy to install and maintain.
- It is a water softener and filter system.
- It has an impressive warranty.
- It improves the taste of the water.
- It is not as effective as a salt-based water softener.
- The cartridges have to be replaced often and this adds to the maintenance cost. Failure to replace this leads to a drop in the flow rate.
The next on our list is a great water softener and whole-home filter in one. The Aquios water softener and filter is salt-free which is a great advantage for those avoiding the sodium found in soft water from salt-based systems. It uses a different method from other water softening processes.
Aquios also doesn’t have a problem with water pressure. Their flow rate is at 12-15 gallons per minute and so it is ideal for large homes.
The system is also pretty easy to install. It shouldn’t take more than two-three hours to put this together as long as you’re familiar with plumbing tools and DIY. Maintenance of this system is no trouble. As long as you replace the filtering cartridge when needed, the system continues to work fine.
Also, this system has an impressive warranty. It offers a limited 20-year warranty.
4. ABC Waters 5600SXT Fleck- Softener and Carbon Filter
- It removes a lot of harmful chemicals and contaminants.
- It is easy to install.
- It can take care of a high level of hard water.
- The filter is durable and can last for four to six years.
- It needs constant maintenance.
- It is a bit expensive.
The next all in one water softener and filter is from ABC waters. This system has a carbon filter as well as a water softener, thus, it combines two functions into one. The filter is able to remove calcium, magnesium, chlorine, odors, contaminants and other harmful chemicals.
The system is ideal for a family with four to five people. But, this system is only able to properly soften water that has a water hardness level of 20 GPG.
The water softener and filter combo also needs constant maintenance. The tanks have to be cleaned regularly because it causes buildup of residue. You will also have to add a new bag of salt to the system every four weeks. If you don’t want to use sodium, potassium is also fine. Also, it is quite easy to install. It is a bit more expensive than the standard water softener prices.
5. Filtersmart- Whole House Water Filter & Salt-Free Softener
- It is ideal for those who can’t consume a lot of salt.
- It removes thousands of contaminants.
- It has a lifetime guarantee.
- It is not as powerful as the salt-based water softeners.
The last water softener and filter on this list is the Filtersmart unit. The system has a filter for the whole house and also softens water without using salt or potassium. The system uses a technology that breaks down the particles in the water and suspends the hard water minerals.
The system also removes a lot of other contaminants and chemicals. It will also prevent limescale in your home.
This whole house system will provide soft water to everyone in the family. It also has a lifetime guarantee which ensures its topnotch quality.
There are a lot of water softener brands that provide great water softeners and filters which you can buy to solve the problem of hard water in your home. As soon as you test for hardness in your home, it’s best to purchase a good water softener.
The water whole house water softeners and filter combinations on this list are efficient and powerful. If you’re thinking between an iron filter vs. water softener, then you can just buy any one of the combos we have recommended to you.
So, what are you waiting for? Purchase a great water softener now!